Fairfax Car Accident Attorneys
Collisions are very common in Virginia. A number of factors contribute to car crashes in Fairfax, VA. However, crashes are often triggered by poor choice or misjudgment. Following too closely and failure to yield are two of the main causes of collisions. Other common causes of car accidents include:
- Trying to avoid another vehicle
- Improper lane change
- Turning incorrectly
- Speeding too fast for conditions
- Running traffic lights
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while impaired
Figuring out the cause of an accident is a key step in determining liability. Once you figure out who is liable for a crash, it’s much easier to hold them accountable and push for full and fair compensation.
Car Accident Injuries
The compensation you get is determined in part by your injuries. Your car accident lawyer in Fairfax, VA will do a thorough review of your injuries and calculate how much compensation would be fair. Some car accident injuries commonly reported in this area include:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and cuts
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
The diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of an injury can be extraordinarily expensive. Whether you end up at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, or another Fairfax area health facility, medical expenses are often the single largest expense that victims incur.
When you seek treatment after a car accident, it’s important to keep thorough records. This includes proof that you sought treatment, any medical records or documents you receive from the care provider, and bills as they start to come in the mail. You should also keep receipts for copays and other expenses.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Immediately check for injuries. Check yourself and your passengers for injuries.
- Report the accident. If there are any injuries, let emergency services know. Wait on the line until emergency personnel responds to the scene of the accident.
- Gather evidence. You may want to take photographs of the scene of the crash and, if possible, take video footage.
- Tell the police what happened. The Fairfax police will want to hear both sides of the story. Be clear, stick to the facts, and ensure that you include relevant details.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Exchange contact information and insurance details.
- Get medical treatment. Whether you go to an urgent care clinic, your primary physician, or the emergency room, it’s important to get checked out as soon as possible after an accident. This ties your injuries to the crash and allows you to start treatment promptly.
- Call an attorney. Once you’ve gotten the medical treatment you need, it’s time to talk to an attorney. They can help you pursue compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other expenses.
How Our Team Can Help You Fight for Compensation
At Olmstead & Olmstead, we’ve seen how car accidents can devastate a family. When you’re injured, not only do you have to deal with medical expenses, but you may also have to spend a considerable amount of time away from work. This leaves you unable to support your family and take care of your obligations.
The other party’s insurance party may recognize that their client is at fault, but that doesn’t mean that they’re going to pay you a fair settlement right away. In fact, you shouldn’t expect them to be on your side at any point in this process. Their goal is to pay you as little as they can and get you to sign a liability waiver. This prevents you from using them, even if you find out later that your injuries are more serious than you thought.
That’s why you need our team of Fairfax personal injury attorneys on your side. We know what insurance companies do and how they take advantage of victims. We also know what it takes to hold them accountable and negotiate a full and fair settlement.
We’ll conduct a full investigation, assess the value of your injuries, and negotiate on your behalf. You can spend more time recovering, knowing that your legal needs are being taken care of by our experienced team.
You have enough to worry about after an accident. Don’t add “talking to the other driver’s insurance company” to your list. Let the team at Olmstead & Olmstead handle it for you.
Start Your Claim Now—Contact Olmstead & Olmstead
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car crash, let us help you pursue the compensation you’re owed. The sooner you get in touch with our team of Fairfax personal injury attorneys, the sooner we can start building your case. Set up a consultation right away by calling us at 703-361-1555 or contacting our team online. We’ll learn more about your accident and help you plan your next steps.