Personal Injury Lawyers in Haymarket, VA
Every day, accidents caused by others’ negligence impact the lives of thousands of Americans. Car accidents, motorcycle crashes, falls, dog bites and other tragedies leave victims with thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages. If you’ve suffered an injury because of someone else’s mistake, it may feel unfair that you’re the one left with unpaid bills and no way to work.
That’s where our team comes in. With a personal injury claim, you can pursue compensation for all of the costs you’ve accrued due to your injury. At Olmstead & Olmstead, we know what it takes to hold the other party accountable for their actions. Call us at 703-361-1555 to set up a consultation now.
Our Team is Here for Your Personal Injury Needs
The world of personal injury law encompasses many types of cases. Our team’s extensive experience in personal injury makes us the natural choice for your Haymarket, VA injury claim. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck collisions
- Motorcycle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Burn injuries
- Slip and fall incidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
No matter what, the personal injury claim process comes down to the same four requirements:
- Proving that the other party had a duty of care to you
- Showing that they breached that duty
- Demonstrating that the breach of duty caused an accident and your injuries
- Providing evidence of your financial losses
We understand that an unexpected personal injury can leave you stressed and with limited options. Our goal is to make this time as stress-free for you as possible and help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Personal Injury Claim Process in Haymarket, VA
Knowing what to expect from a personal injury claim can help you decide to move forward. The process is often much simpler than people expect, with very few personal injury cases ever going to court. If you pursue a personal injury claim in Haymarket, VA, it will follow these steps:
- Hire an attorney. Before you do anything else, it’s important to consult with a personal injury attorney in Haymarket. The liable party’s insurance company will likely reach out to you soon after the accident, and then the clock starts ticking. Their goal is to get information out of you that they can use to reduce the value of your claim. If you have an attorney before you contact their insurance company, you can let them take over communication.
- Gather evidence. Your attorney will focus on gathering the evidence needed to prove the other party’s liability. This may include accident reports, pictures of the accident site, pictures of your injuries, medical reports, bills related to the incident, and proof of time spent away from work.
- Build a case. With all of your evidence safely in hand, your attorney will begin building a case that proves that you’ve been injured by the other party’s actions. The goal is to force the other party’s insurance company to see that their client is liable. When this happens, they often have no choice but to offer a fair settlement and negotiate in good faith.
- Send a demand letter. Upon finishing their case and figuring out how much your injuries are worth; your attorney will write up a demand letter and send it to the insurance company. This outlines the reasons they believe you are owed the amount requested.
- Enter into negotiations. The demand letter is rarely the last step. It’s more of a first step in negotiations. Your attorney and the other party’s insurance company will go through multiple rounds of negotiations to determine what would be a fair settlement.
- Settle the claim or begin preparing for court. If both parties can come to an agreement, the paperwork will be signed, and the funds disbursed. This is how most personal injury claims end. If not, the attorney will cease negotiations and begin preparing your court case.
Fighting for Fair Compensation
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to several types of compensation. Settlements often include money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses for injuries that are expected to affect you in the future
- Lost wages
- Lost future income if your ability to work is permanently affected
- Property damage
- Mental anguish and trauma
- Pain and suffering
Why You Should Choose Olmstead & Olmstead
In your mind, it may be obvious that the other party is liable for the accident and your subsequent injuries. Why wouldn’t the insurance company offer to pay what you’re due? The goal of the insurance company is to save money and boost their profit margins, and they often do that by paying less whenever they can. No matter how much evidence you compile, it is unlikely that the insurance company will negotiate with you in good faith.
This is especially true in Virginia, which has a contributory negligence policy. If your case goes to court and the jury finds that you played any role in the accident, you cannot receive compensation. Insurance companies use this to their advantage since they know that you will want to risk getting nothing.
Your attorney understands the complexities of a personal injury claim in Virginia and the risks you face by going to court. The team at Olmstead & Olmstead understands that you rely on the money you stand to receive in a settlement. Your injuries have left you with medical debt and kept you out of work—you deserve to be made whole.
From the moment you hire us, you can trust us to tackle your claim aggressively and hold the other party accountable. We know the tricks that insurance companies use to keep victims from getting the money they deserve, and we know what it takes to make them pay what they owe.
Contact Our Team Now to Start Your Claim
If someone else’s negligence or malicious actions has left you injured, don’t wait any longer to talk to an attorney about your legal options. Turn to the team at Olmstead & Olmstead. To set up a consultation and discuss your claim in greater detail, call us at 703-361-1555 or reach out to us online.